Starwood plans 3 new hotels for Dubai
Dubai, April 26, 2012
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide has signed an agreement with UAE-based conglomerate Al Habtoor Group to open three hotels in Dubai – the first St Regis in Dubai, a stylish W Hotel and a new Westin.
Located on a one million sq ft property on Sheikh Zayed Road, the development will add 1,675 rooms to the city when they open in 2017.
Starwood currently operates 15 properties in Dubai, representing the second largest concentration of the company’s hotels in a single city outside of New York.
“We are delighted to partner with Al Habtoor Group on this ambitious development which marks an important milestone for us in Dubai,” said Roeland Vos, president, Starwood Hotels & Resorts, Europe, Africa and Middle East.
“Dubai has surged over the years as a top destination for international travelers. This landmark project underlines Starwood’s commitment to continued growth in the region and further strengthens our long-established position as one of the leading hotel operators in the Middle East.”
Khalaf Al Habtoor, chairman of Al Habtoor Group said he looks forward to building a new landmark in Dubai with the project.
“We are excited to partner with Starwood in bringing three of their world-class brands together for this monumental project. This iconic project will offer Dubai a unique and popular destination to experience the finest hospitality with a fine range of dining and entertainment options all in the same vicinity.”
Located in a prime business location overlooking the Burj Khalifa near the Dubai International Financial Centre and Business Bay areas, each hotel will feature a distinct food and beverage component, signature spas and offer spectacular views of the city’s vibrant skyline.
The development will also feature a one-of-a-kind destination entertainment theatre surrounded by exquisite landscaped gardens on over 500,000 sq-ft of land.
The St. Regis Dubai will feature 241 luxuriously-appointed guest rooms, including 49 elegant suites. The hotel will also offer extensive state-of-the-art meeting and event space as well as a wide range of luxury experiences with eight distinctive culinary, lounge and bar venues, a signature spa, swimming pool, a state-of-the-art fitness center and an 8,600 square-foot St. Regis ballroom.
The new W Dubai – Sheikh Zayed Road will comprise 384 stylish guest rooms including 88 suites, four WOW Suites and one Extreme WOW Suite (W’s take on the Presidential suite).
The hotel will offer eight contemporary dining venues, the signature W Lounge (W’s reinterpretation of the traditional hotel lobby), WET pool deck, SWEAT state-of-the-art fitness center, a signature spa and contemporary meeting and event spaces, including the W Great Room. Guests will also enjoy the W brand’s signature Whatever/Whenever service philosophy, providing guests whatever they want whenever they want it.
The Westin Dubai – Sheikh Zayed Road will feature 1,050 guest rooms and 129 suites. The hotel’s guest rooms and suites will be outfitted with the renowned Westin Heavenly Bed as well as the Heavenly Bath.
Other signature features will include the Westin Heavenly Spa, consisting of six treatment rooms and the WestinWORKOUT fitness facility offering state-of-the-art equipment. The hotel will also offer six distinct food and beverage outlets and more than 26,000 sq ft of ultra-modern meeting and event space including The Westin Ballroom, 14 meeting rooms and a business center. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares