Steigenberger to run cruise ships in Egypt
Cairo, April 26, 2012
The Steigenberger Hotel Group will commence operations of three luxury cruise ships cruising the River Nile and Lake Nasser from October.
In an unprecedented attempt, Steigenberger is to begin operating Minerva, Legacy and Omar El Khayam on the River Nile and Lake Nasser in Egypt.
As of October 2012, the five-star deluxe cruise ships will offer the high quality of the Steigenberger Hotels and Resorts for the first time on floating hotels.
The cruise ships Steigenberger Minerva and Steigenberger Legacy will operate on the Nile between Luxor and Aswan in three, four and seven night itineraries, whereas the Omar El Khayam will operate on Lake Nasser between Aswan and Abu Simbel in three and four night cruises.
All three luxury vessels have been recently constructed and offer 70 to 80 cabins, including elegant suites, and a range of restaurants and pools. The ships will be operated in co-operation with the Cairo-based company Travcotels.
Travcotels operates 20 cruise ships, making it the largest cruise provider in Egypt. The new cruise ships will enable the Frankfurt based Steigenberger Hotels AG to supplement the range of hospitality venues it provides in Egypt where it already has four five-star hotels in Hurghada, Luxor and El Gouna. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria
- Gulf Air launches loyalty promotion
- Hala Abu Dhabi launches tours, safaris
- Kenya starts work on $654m airport project
- Gulf Air wins top eContent award
- Dubai fund ICD buys landmark Atlantis hotel
- Qatar Airways to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route
- Ritz-Carlton Bahrain appoints new sales chief