Lona inks deal with Gulf Hotels
Manama, April 27, 2012
Lona Real Estate has announced a strategic alliance that will see Gulf Hotels Group operate an apartment hotel complex as part of the Amwaj Waves residential development in Amwaj Islands.
The first phase of the Amwaj Waves development is located in the midst of the Amwaj Islands' attractions and within close proximity of the waterfront.
The 304 apartments will offer the bustling cosmopolitan lifestyle with a waterfront harbour experience.
"We are delighted to collaborate with the highly reputable Gulf Hotels Group and look forward to bringing both our expertise to this project," said Lona Real Estate chairman Abdulla Buhindi.
Gulf Hotels Group will operate the largest two of the four buildings, where they will create a four-star apartment-hotel complex comprising 169 apartments, which is set to open in 2013.
The remaining two buildings, comprising 135 luxurious apartments, will be residential and available for freehold sale.
All four buildings, two 13-floor and two seven-floor, sit on a central podium where the swimming pool, exquisitely landscaped gardens and other recreational facilities are located.
The buildings are positioned so that from an aerial perspective they clearly resemble undulating waves.
"We're excited to partner with a strong developer who shares our commitment to bringing best in class projects to the kingdom," said Gulf Hotels Group chief executive Aqeel Raees.
"Construction is well underway, all the structural work is completed and the project on course to be finished in 2013," said Lona project manager Chris Woodrow.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- UAE hotel group launches Abu Dhabi project
- Jordan passenger traffic up 14pc
- Self-service check-in soon at Kuwait airport
- Gulf Air launches flight to Al Maktoum airport
- Jazeera Airways tops on-time performance
- Jumeirah inks Oman luxury resort deal
- Ritz unveils big Qatar National Day offer
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria