St Regis Doha wins dual honours at WTA
Doha, May 2, 2012
The St Regis Doha received two major accolades at the 19th Middle East World Travel Awards (WTA) in Dubai.
Qatar’s newest luxury destination was named as the “Middle East’s Leading New Hotel,” in a closely-fought category.
It was also named “Qatar’s Leading New Hotel for 2012” – a major achievement given the number of new venues opening this year.
The awards were presented at a glittering Gala Ceremony hosted by the World Travel Awards at Jebel Ali Golf Resort & Spa, Dubai. More than 500 of the most important decision-makers in the region’s travel and tourism sector attended the event, as well as international media.
“Today is a proud moment for the whole St Regis Doha family, as we receive our first major awards in the first month of operation,” said Tareq Derbas, general manager at the St Regis Doha.
“I would like to dedicate these awards to everyone who has worked so hard to make our opening season a success, and for the guests who have graced our hotel in the first month. Our hotel is the ‘finest address in Doha,’ and we are delighted that the international travel trade has recognised its unique character and the level of service available.”
Winners in the regional heats of the World Travel Awards progress to the Grand Final, which will take place at The Oberoi, Gurgaon, New Delhi, India on December 12. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Boeing wins $7bn Cathay Pacific order
- Qatar Airways launches online visa system
- Etihad in talks on $413m Alitalia investment
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- Etihad, Greek airline sign codeshare
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction
- Flora plans $204m property expansion in Dubai