St Regis Doha wins dual honours at WTA
Doha, May 2, 2012
The St Regis Doha received two major accolades at the 19th Middle East World Travel Awards (WTA) in Dubai.
Qatar’s newest luxury destination was named as the “Middle East’s Leading New Hotel,” in a closely-fought category.
It was also named “Qatar’s Leading New Hotel for 2012” – a major achievement given the number of new venues opening this year.
The awards were presented at a glittering Gala Ceremony hosted by the World Travel Awards at Jebel Ali Golf Resort & Spa, Dubai. More than 500 of the most important decision-makers in the region’s travel and tourism sector attended the event, as well as international media.
“Today is a proud moment for the whole St Regis Doha family, as we receive our first major awards in the first month of operation,” said Tareq Derbas, general manager at the St Regis Doha.
“I would like to dedicate these awards to everyone who has worked so hard to make our opening season a success, and for the guests who have graced our hotel in the first month. Our hotel is the ‘finest address in Doha,’ and we are delighted that the international travel trade has recognised its unique character and the level of service available.”
Winners in the regional heats of the World Travel Awards progress to the Grand Final, which will take place at The Oberoi, Gurgaon, New Delhi, India on December 12. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Novotel Abu Dhabi Al Bustan opens
- Top firms plan Dubai World Central move
- Ferrari Land theme park to open in Spain
- Hilton to open 125-room hotel in Saudi
- Abu Dhabi runway closed for upgradation work
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely