Savoy Dubai wins 3 green tourism awards
Dubai, May 6, 2012
Three units of Savoy Dubai Hotel Group all members of the Dubai Quality Group, bagged three Dubai Green Tourism Awards 2011 presented by DTCM- Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing.
The awards were claimed by Savoy Park, Savoy Suites and Savoy Crest at the event held recently at the International Exhibition Centre.
Faroukh Sunny, general manager of the three Savoy Hotel Apartments took the stage along with Savoy’s Green Team members to receive the awards from DTCM’s officials.
Savoy Suites was adjudged the first winner and Savoy Crest was announced the third winner in the Deluxe Hotel Apartment category. The group scored a hat-trick when Savoy Park was declared the first winner under the Standard Hotel Apartment category.
“This has truly been a defining moment for us and we humbly dedicate the 3 awards to each and every staff of Savoy who consistently believed and were committed in transforming our green mission & vision into a reality,” said Faroukh Sunny, GM Savoy Dubai.
“We also thank all our guests, corporates & trade associates who supported Savoy’s Green Movement whole heartedly. We also extend our gratitude to the Government of Dubai for giving us these accolades once again after Savoy Crest won the first position in 2009 - Dubai Green Tourism Award.”
The second cycle of the Dubai Green Tourism Award attracted 104 participants generating about 1000 various environmental initiatives.
The judging panel selected a total of 19 winners overall in all categories of hotel property classification from two- to five-star and also between deluxe and standard hotel apartments. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Atlantis, The Palm, seeks $850m loan
- Emirates, TUI India ink agent agreement
- Dnata buys Air France stake in Italian unit
- SIA profits drop in contest from Gulf carriers
- Kuwait Airways in financing talks for Airbus order
- Ritz-Carlton Dubai unveils summer offers
- Royal Rose Hotel appoints general manager
- GCAA, Etihad open operations licensing office
- Emirates to fly A380 to Brisbane, Auckland
- Qatar Airways eyes Boeing 777X mini-jumbos