Qatar Tourism to launch GCC roadshow
Dubai, May 23, 2012
Qatar Tourism Authority (QTA) will embark on a promotional road show spanning six cities across the Gulf to endorse Qatar as the ideal destination for Eid Al Fitr and Eid Al Adha.
The GCC Roadshow 2012 will start in the Eastern Province of the Saudi Arabia, Al Khobar on May 26, before moving on to Riyadh, Kuwait, Muscat, Abu Dhabi and concluding in Dubai on May 31.
QTA’s tourism strategy during the GCC Road show 2012 will aim to promote Qatar’s authentic heritage and rich past while highlighting its focus on building the future through creativity and innovation by promoting the five major pillars: Meetings, Sports, Culture, Leisure and Education.
The (QTA), which plans to grow the tourism industry by 20 per cent in the next five years, want to highlight and educate the GCC on the potential of Qatar being an ideal destination for people to celebrate the two Islamic holidays.
Abdulla Malalla Al Bader, director of Tourism at Qatar Tourism Authority said: “We are conducting these roadshows to educate the GCC on the potential of Qatar being an ideal destination for people to celebrate Eid Al Fitr and Eid Al Adha.”
“Qatar is fast becoming one of the emerging destinations in the world travel, thanks to our strategy to highlight the range of activities on offer in Qatar. Qatar has everything a high end traveler needs – stunning hotels, cultural icons and many leisure activities.”
“The promotional roadshow is to promote Qatar as a premier business and upscale leisure destination to MICE (meetings, incentive, convention, exhibitions) professionals,” added Al Bader.
The iconic Museum of Islamic Art, designed by I M Pei, has put Qatar’s capital city of Doha on the cultural scene in the Middle East. Other major projects scheduled to open in the near future include the Qatar National Convention Centre, which boasts 40,000 sq m of state-of-the-art exhibition space and the New Doha International Airport, which at completion will be able to handle 50 million passengers. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home