Sabre, EgyptAir ink distribution deal
Manama, June 6, 2012
Bahrain-based Sabre Travel Network Middle East and EgyptAir have signed a multi-year distribution agreement, which provides Sabre-connected travel agents around the world with access to the carrier’s full range of air fares.
It is also aimed at increasing the levels of connectivity and availability which will greatly improve the customer experience.
“Egypt is the ultimate destination for adventure, ancient architecture and hospitality,” said EgyptAir chief executive Captain Hossam Kamal.
“Our relationship with Sabre will help the airline and the country with its ongoing expansion strategy.
“The exposure to agents through Sabre’s global network means Egypt’s wonders are accessible to the world,” he said.
“Sabre and EgyptAir have shared a long-standing relationship for the past decade,” said Sabre director of airline distribution for Europe, Middle East and Africa Hamish Broom.
“This new deal strengthens Sabre’s presence in Egypt and will power the airline’s growth plans.
“With our strategic offices in Cairo and Alexandria, we are confident this partnership will grow and prosper further.”
EgyptAir fares will be accessible by more than 350,000 travel agents who use the Sabre global distribution system putting Egyptian tourism back on the map for the world. Sabre operates in Egypt from Cairo and Alexandria. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- UAE hotel group launches Abu Dhabi project
- Jordan passenger traffic up 14pc
- Self-service check-in soon at Kuwait airport
- Gulf Air launches flight to Al Maktoum airport
- Jazeera Airways tops on-time performance
- Jumeirah inks Oman luxury resort deal
- Ritz unveils big Qatar National Day offer
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria