DTCM road shows promote Dubai in Japan
Dubai, June 11, 2012
The Dubai Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM) intensified its drive to promote and market Dubai as a year-round tourism destination in Japan by conducting road shows in three large cities recently.
More than 300 tourism and travel trade professionals in addition to Japanese media representatives attended the workshop-format road shows in Tokyo, Osaka and Nagoya.
Mohamed Al Muhairi, head of Australiasia Region at DTCM’s Overseas Promotions and Inward Missions Department, led the Dubai delegation for the tourism promotion event.
The road show was co-sponsored by Emirates Airline and Jumeirah Group.
The other co-participants were Arabian Adventures, Armani Hotel Dubai, Bin Majid Tours, Cox & Kings Tours, Orient Tours, Ritz-Carlton DIFC, Sharaf Tours, Travco Travel, Wings Tours Gulf and Kerzer International Management.
DTCM operates a representative office in Japan and has been actively promoting Dubai as a tourism destination among the Japanese tourists. More than 350,000 Japanese tourists were hosted by Dubai during 2007-2011. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- British Airways celebrates Jordan return
- Egypt tourist arrivals jump 11.8pc
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced
- Abu Dhabi plans 'bigger, louder' Summer fest
- RAK's Beach Hotel wins leisure hotel award
- African aviation expo launched
- Marriott opens first Courtyard hotel in Saudi
- Crowne Plaza names Bahrain sales head
- Air Arabia raises $350 million loan
- UAE tops region for tourism receipts in 2012