Gulf Air awards staff in appreciation drive
Manama, June 13, 2012
Gulf Air, the national carrier of Bahrain, awarded six employees for their high level of service as part of the airline’s recently launched 2012 staff appreciation programme.
The programme encourages the airline’s Falconflyers to recognize customer service excellence by nominating Gulf Air team members who demonstrate exceptional customer service at any stage of their journey.
Gulf Air chief services officer Marcus Bernhardt said: “Our Falconflyers know the best when it comes to customer service as they regularly come across many of our staff at various customer touch points and receive a range of services from them.”
“We consistently endeavor to provide a level of service that exceeds our customers’ expectations and by awarding our staff, the airline recognizes those who made a positive difference and left a lasting positive impression on our customers during their journey with Gulf Air – whether on the ground or in the air.
"On behalf of the Gulf Air management team and the extended Gulf Air family, I would like to thank each of our winners for their contributions to ensuring that all our customers experience consistently high levels of service,” he added.
“This award is in recognition of their efforts and is based on customer feedback – the truest marker of their hard work and efforts. I look forward to their continued dedication and commitment,” Bernhardt continued.
“Gulf Air always values our passengers’ opinions and we see it as an integral component in our customer value chain. We hope this scheme, the first of its kind in the region, will set a new benchmark in customer service excellence,” concluded Bernhardt.
Gold or Silver Falconflyers will receive a staff appreciation voucher and all they have to do is to fill in the name of the Gulf Air staff and hand over to any Gulf Air staff member they meet either onboard or in the ground.
The staff member with the highest number of nominations every four months will receive a prize in recognition of his/her outstanding performance, with a grand prize being awarded at the end of 2012 for the staff member with the most nominations overall for the entire year. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall