Bahrain summer fest features top clown
Manama, June 17, 2012
World renowned Russian clown Slava Polunin and his company of clowns are being featured at the ongoing Bahrain Summer Festival.
Slava’s Snowshow features a combination of traditional and contemporary theatrical clowning arts within a beautifully crafted stunning spectacle which has held the audience spell bound in a joyous-world of entertainment and fun. The shows are scheduled June 19.
Since its inception in 1993, Slava’s Snowshow has performed to over three million people in more than 30 countries and 120 cities.
The show is the internationally acclaimed winner of the Time Out, Olivier and Drama Desk awards for the most unique theatrical experience. Influenced by leading artists including Chaplin, Marcel Marceau and Engibarov, Slava Polunin and his company have taken clowning out of the world of the circus, and brought it to theatre lovers.
Held under the slogan "Manama, City of Joy”, the Bahrain Summer Festival 2012 is the fourth edition of this annual event which aims to bring multi-cultural entertainment to residents and tourists alike. The festival will run until July 15 at the Bahrain International Exhibition and Convention Centre (BIECC).
The festival caters to family tastes with musical performances and educational, cultural and artistic events. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Saudi designer reveals new abaya collection
- Airbus bags firm orders worth $39bn at show
- Etihad to fly twice daily to Kuala Lumpur
- Bank Nizwa, Bahwan in travel finance tie-up
- Orders top $100bn as Boeing, Airbus battle it out
- Qatar Airways picks US firm for nacelle service
- Oman Air orders five Boeing 737-900ER jets
- Jazeera grabs key ME market share
- Etihad, US firm ink smart technology pact
- Renaissance to host 'day of discovery'