Bahrain summer fest features top clown
Manama, June 17, 2012
World renowned Russian clown Slava Polunin and his company of clowns are being featured at the ongoing Bahrain Summer Festival.
Slava’s Snowshow features a combination of traditional and contemporary theatrical clowning arts within a beautifully crafted stunning spectacle which has held the audience spell bound in a joyous-world of entertainment and fun. The shows are scheduled June 19.
Since its inception in 1993, Slava’s Snowshow has performed to over three million people in more than 30 countries and 120 cities.
The show is the internationally acclaimed winner of the Time Out, Olivier and Drama Desk awards for the most unique theatrical experience. Influenced by leading artists including Chaplin, Marcel Marceau and Engibarov, Slava Polunin and his company have taken clowning out of the world of the circus, and brought it to theatre lovers.
Held under the slogan "Manama, City of Joy”, the Bahrain Summer Festival 2012 is the fourth edition of this annual event which aims to bring multi-cultural entertainment to residents and tourists alike. The festival will run until July 15 at the Bahrain International Exhibition and Convention Centre (BIECC).
The festival caters to family tastes with musical performances and educational, cultural and artistic events. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Summit explores future of regional travel industry
- AirAsiaX to buy 25 new Airbus jets
- Dusit launches premium hotel brand
- Etihad names new Kenya GM
- Emirates expands European Tour portfolio
- Gulf Air executive names AACO unit chief
- Air France celebrates 30 years of flying to Saudi
- Turkish Airlines to install 80 Sita kiosks
- BA launches Europe travel sale in UAE
- Etihad signs $3.3m deal with VisitBritain