Brazilian food exports to region hit $10.6bn
Dubai, June 19, 2012
The Arab-Brazilian Chamber of Commerce (ABCC) said that Brazilian food exports to the Arab countries totaled $10.6 billion in 2011, representing a significant percentage of the $80 billion worth of Brazil’s total food exports.
Among the most exported food products from Brazil include sugar, meats and cereals, followed by citrus, coffee, beans, wheat and poultry.
Leveraging the strong trade relations between Brazil and the Arab countries, the Arab-Brazilian Chamber of Commerce and Apex Brasil will be organising a specialised networking event titled Food Sector Buyer Project 2012 in Sao Paulo, Brazil from July 9 to 14.
Following a recent ABCC-led trade mission to the UAE, Kuwait and Jordan, the upcoming event has already generated major interest from Arab companies involved in the food and beverage business, given the business matchmaking platform that the event presents. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- RAK's Beach Hotel wins leisure hotel award
- African aviation expo launched
- Marriott opens first Courtyard hotel in Saudi
- Crowne Plaza names Bahrain sales head
- Air Arabia raises $350 million loan
- UAE tops region for tourism receipts in 2012
- Kerzner signs Jeddah One&Only deal
- Forum to map out Arab tourism strategies
- Turkish Airlines adds 4 new destinations
- Moroccan tourism revenue up 6pc in Jan