Hard Rock hotel announces ME foray
Florida (US), June 19, 2012
UAE-based Aabar Properties has reached an agreement with Hard Rock International, one of the world's globally recognized brands, for the development and management of a five-star international hotel in Abu Dhabi.
The Hard Rock Hotel Abu Dhabi, a 378-room luxury hotel situated within the picturesque seafront of the Corniche, will mark the US hotel brand's exciting entrance into the Middle East, said a senior official.
'We are looking forward to collaborating with Aabar Properties to complete the design process, embarking upon the development and construction, and, upon completion, extremely excited to manage the day-to-day operations of Hard Rock Hotel Abu Dhabi,' remarked Michael Shindler, executive VP of Hard Rock Hotels.
Overlooking the turquoise waters of the Arabian Gulf, the Hard Rock hotel will feature an assortment of signature restaurants, entertainment and meeting facilities, including the renowned Hard Rock Cafe.
'Other key attractions include a beautifully appointed Sky Lobby on the fifth floor podium, spectacular Lobby Bar with outdoor entertainment deck and hookah lounge, as well as a 37th floor Sky Bar with swimming pool,' said Shindler.
With more than 12,000 sq ft dedicated to wellness and spa facilities, the resort will host the Body Rock fitness center and signature Rock Spa. Additionally, the guests will get to enjoy the convenience of the star events and meeting facilities, as well as the business center, accompanied by six meeting rooms and a 5,200 sq ft ballroom.
'This development marks an important benchmark to the overall global expansion of our brand,' he added.
Boasting a diverse portfolio and strong presence within Abu Dhabi, Aabar Properties, enters into its first hospitality venture with the development of Hard Rock Hotel Abu Dhabi, building on its heritage as a leading real estate development, management and investment company, with a focus on supporting Abu Dhabi's Economic Vision 2030, said a senior official.
'Aabar is committed to developing real estate opportunities that directly contribute to the long term strategic development of Abu Dhabi. One of our key goals is to align with the Abu Dhabi Economic Vision 2030, by creating a desirable and dynamic city for modern lifestyles,' remarked Khalifa Al Mehairi, the CEO of Aabar Properties.
'I am very excited to develop the Hard Rock Hotel Abu Dhabi, which is a milestone venture for Aabar Properties,' he added.
Internationally recognized as a world-class entertainment and lifestyle brand, Hard Rock properties offer stylish and contemporary design, unparalleled service and the thread that unites them all – music.
Beginning with an Eric Clapton guitar, Hard Rock owns the world's greatest collection of music memorabilia, which is displayed at its locations around the globe. Hard Rock is also known for its collectible fashion and music-related merchandise, Hard Rock Live performance venues and an award-winning website.
Hard Rock's current Hotel and Casino portfolio is located in the world's most enviable resort destinations, as well as urban gateway cities.
With a total of 175 venues in 53 countries, including 138 cafes and 16 Hotels/Casinos, Hard Rock International is one of the world's most globally recognized brands.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers