Technical fault delays India flight 4 hours
Manama, June 25, 2012
A total of 152 Air India Express passengers travelling to India were stranded at the Bahrain International Airport for more than four hours due to a technical fault last night.
The flight, which was scheduled to depart at 6.45pm for Thiruvananthapuram in Kerala, was reportedly on the runway when the electricity went off and was unable to take off.
Passengers were taken back to the terminal, while engineers worked to fix the problem.
'My wife was already in the aircraft when suddenly the electricity went off and they were told that they will have to get off the plane for the necessary procedures,' said Joy George.
Airline officials confirmed the delay was a technical problem and said its engineers were working to solve it.
Bahrain International Airport officials said the delay was caused by a minor technical fault. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Bahrain airport parking is streamlined
- Etihad announces new appointments
- Etihad expands India operations
- UAE hotel group launches Abu Dhabi project
- Jordan passenger traffic up 14pc
- Self-service check-in soon at Kuwait airport
- Gulf Air launches flight to Al Maktoum airport
- Jazeera Airways tops on-time performance
- Jumeirah inks Oman luxury resort deal
- Ritz unveils big Qatar National Day offer