Dubai Festival City names raffle winner
Dubai, July 1, 2012
Festival Centre Dubai Festival City, a strategic partner of the 15th edition of shopping and entertainment event Dubai Summer Surprises (DSS), has announced the winner of its second weekly draw.
UAE national Shaikha Al Mutawa won Dh50,000 ($13,612) worth of Festival Centre gift vouchers at Summer Games ‘Be a Winner!’ promotion running from June 14 to July 14.
For every Dh150 spent at any of Festival Centre stores, shoppers are entitled to enter the weekly and grand prize raffle draws.
Throughout the remaining weeks of DSS, two lucky shoppers will grab the weekly Dh50,000 prize worth of DFC gift vouchers while the grand prizes will still be awaiting two other lucky winners, each to walk away with a 2012 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, upon DSS closing. The two remaining weekly draws will take place on July 5 and 12 and the grand prize draw will take place on July 15.
Bernice Boshoff, general manager Festival Centre, Dubai Festival City said: “Festival Centre is renowned for offering unrivalled choices to shoppers during DSS. The promotion and prizes coupled with the Olympic themed activities designed for this year’s DSS are incredibly entertaining to mall shoppers from all ages.”
The Festival Centre DSS calendar of events carries on and visitors will have the chance to witness internationally acclaimed Football free style artist Victor Rubilar perform his football tricks until July 3.
Victor Rubilar Football Tricks will take over Festival Centre’s South Court during the second and third week of DSS. The master at the sport is a much sought after freestyle artist and has performed in 158 cities across 41 countries over the last eight years.
Rubilar balances and spins the ball on his forehead, makes it leap from one shoulder to another, as would a bird hop from one tree branch to another.
On the third week of DSS, Festival Centre visitors will also have the unique opportunity to witness the Red Bull Street Style global Football competition by the best Football freestylers from around the UAE.
They will also be mesmerized by the Charlie Chaplin Tap Dance shows in which Chaplin and his dancers will perform with the rhythmical toes and heels metal tapping shoes.
Families and kids are enjoying Festival Centre 2012 Summer Games with the sporting competitions and tournaments including football, tennis, basketball, hockey, volleyball, trampoline, rowing, rhythmic gymnastics, high jump & flipper races as well as the McDonald Face Painting, Olympic Art & Crafts workshops and sporty Video Gaming Zone. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares