Hadidi named Royal Jordanian CEO
Amman, July 2, 2012
Royal Jordanian Airlines said its board has appointed Amer Hadidi as the national carrier's new president/CEO after a key meeting held under the chairmanship of Nasser Lozi.
Hadidi holds a B.Sc. in mechanical engineering from the University of Bridgeport, the US. He had occupied several official posts; the latest was advisor at the Royal Hashemite Court and head of the economic and social affairs at the office of His Majesty King Abdullah II.
Between 2007 and 2011, he was the minister of trade and industry. Between 2005 and 2007, Hadidi was secretary general at the Ministry of Transport and a board member of the RJ Board of directors in 2006 and 2007.
In 2005, he was appointed executive director of the Public Sector Reform Administration. Between 2001 and 2005, Hadidi held the position of Director Industrial Development at the Ministry of Industry and Trade.
Last month, the Royal Jordanian Board of Directors mandated Abdel Rahman El-Khatib to act as interim CEO of the company, after former president/CEO Hussein Dabbas resigned, at the end of May.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Qatar Airways launches online visa system
- Etihad in talks on $413m Alitalia investment
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- Etihad, Greek airline sign codeshare
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction
- Flora plans $204m property expansion in Dubai
- Dubai sees Ukraine tourist numbers up 29pc