UAE group unveils big F&B investment plans
Dubai, July 3, 2012
Al Aroud Group, a leading business conglomerate in the UAE, has announced plans to invest Dh200 million ($54.4 million) into the emirate's food and beverage industry and the Mena region through its specialised arm, Dynamic Hospitality.
Al Aroud group has diverse business that includes airline, flight support, information technology, financial services, real estate development, travel solutions, advertising, marketing and event management.
The move into the F&B market will enable the group to leverage growth opportunities present today with the global F&B industry which is set to cross $7 trillion by 2014 on global scale.
Saleh Al Aroud, the chairman, Al Aroud Group, said: “Today’s announcement comes in line with our strategy to diversify our business portfolio into other promising industries. The F&B business in the UAE seems to be very promising, especially when delivering new concepts, and first of its kind experience to our guests.”
‘Dynamic Hospitality’ accommodates today different multinational brands to be launched in the UAE during the year, he stated.
As part of its expansion plans, Dynamic Hospitality has inked deals with American Franchisors: Bennigans and EarthFruits Yogurt, and the famous Spanish sweets and food studio dinner: La Postreria.
It is set to open the doors for their guests in the UAE, with eight locations spread between Dubai and Sharjah all scheduled to be inaugurated by the end of 2012, said Al Aroud.
“Today we aim at providing our guests in the UAE with a different experience when it comes to food and beverage, and therefore, we are hand picking the global brands to tie-up with, taking into consideration their exquisite taste and their dedicated way of servicing guests along with their proven track records of success that they have earned over the years and around the globe,” Al Aroud added.
“Our Dh200 million investment marks our debut into the industry and underlines our will to deliver our initial promise. In short, we aim at providing a different experience to our guests, in terms of quality of food, value for money and the overall casual-dining experience,” he added.
The newly established company will look after the management of Bennigan’s, the Iconic American brand, focusing on delivering legendary experiences.
The American restaurant, which is known for its generous portions, is set to open three locations, all with flagship store, at the Dubai Mall, the Clarens at Downtown Burj Khalifa and The Sahara Centre.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights