Gulf visitors can tour Britain ‘Beckham-style’
Dubai, July 5, 2012
Gulf visitors to the UK can now follow David Beckham’s footsteps as they tour Britain this summer by accessing VisitBritain’s ‘Best of Britain’ app, Dubai-based tourism officials said.
“As Samsung’s global ambassador for London 2012, the football star recently shared his top tourist tips and hotspots, highlighting various UK locations that he plans to visit with his family this summer,” said Carol Maddison, UAE manager of VisitBritain.
Beckham’s top 10 lead the upgrade of VisitBritain’s ‘Best of Britain’ app which was launched in collaboration with Samsung earlier this year, a statement from VisitBritain said. The app serves as an informative tool for games spectators and visitors to Britain this summer, offering the best possible recommendations, accommodation and entertainment options, and aims to make London 2012 Olympic Games an occasion for everyone to enjoy, in and outside of the Olympic venues.
Families seeking refuge from the heat can experience the cool, fresh air in London’s Royal Parks. “Hyde and Regents Parks are like an oasis in Central London,” said Beckham. “Or get away from it all in Richmond Park where visitors can see wild deer, horse ride and experience amazing views across London.”
In addition to the natural scenery available to Gulf visitors, Beckham also suggests some thrilling family activities that can be found all over the UK.
“Kids can’t get enough of theme parks as I know being a father of four. You're never far away from one in Britain: Alton Towers is close to Stoke and just outside London you’ll find Thorpe Park. New in town is the Warner Brothers Studio Tour where you can see the making of Harry Potter movies,” said Beckham, whose children’s ages range from less than one year to 13.
Visitors can also play a round of golf on some of the world’s most beautiful and challenging courses at St Andrews Links, the Home of Golf, where the game was invented and has been cultivated over the past 600 years.
They can also experience some real East London food at Tony Lane’s Pie & Mash shop in Waltham Abbey or newer dining venues in London such as Bread St Kitchen and Nopi.
The VisitBritain App is available for free on all Samsung Galaxy smartphones and Galaxy Tab devices from SamsungApps.
Guides for key destinations such as Land’s End, Much Wenlock, Stonehenge, Liverpool and Dover all offer amazing imagery and inspiring content to allow visitors to plan their Britain itinerary, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn