Brazil airline, Qatar Airways in talks: report
Sao Paulo, September 10, 2012
Shares of Brazil's Gol Linhas Aereas jumped over 10 percent in early trading on Monday after news magazine Veja reported on its website on Friday that the airline's management met last week with executives from Qatar Airways.
A spokeswoman for Gol denied on Monday the contents of the Veja report, which said discussions of an investment in the struggling Brazilian airline were still in early phases.
The magazine did not elaborate how it obtained the information. - Reuters
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Jordan airport sees record passenger traffic
- Boeing delivers 777-300 jetliner to Saudia
- Kuwait Airways signs Airbus deal
- Atlantis, The Palm, seeks $850m loan
- Emirates, TUI India ink agent agreement
- Dnata buys Air France stake in Italian unit
- SIA profits drop in contest from Gulf carriers
- Kuwait Airways in financing talks for Airbus order
- Ritz-Carlton Dubai unveils summer offers
- Royal Rose Hotel appoints general manager