Emirates to fly A380 on Singapore route
Dubai, September 18, 2012
Emirates, one of the world’s fastest growing airlines, will boost its Dubai-Singapore route with the introduction of a permanent Airbus A380 service from December 1.
Emirates will be the first and only carrier to offer a scheduled A380 service on this route.
The 517-seat A380 aircraft will be deployed for flights EK354 and EK355 on the back of strong passenger demand in both directions, replacing the 354-seat Boeing 777-300ER, a 46 per cent increase in capacity.
With the addition of A380 services, Emirates’ total capacity across four daily services from Dubai to Singapore increases to 1,659 seats daily.
The launch of A380 services confirms Changi Airport’s status as Emirates’ South East Asian hub with over 1,100 seats daily connecting through to Brisbane, Melbourne and Colombo and the strengthening of its vertically integrated business model via dnata’s airport services, ground handling and catering operations, a statement said. - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad expands India operations
- UAE hotel group launches Abu Dhabi project
- Jordan passenger traffic up 14pc
- Self-service check-in soon at Kuwait airport
- Gulf Air launches flight to Al Maktoum airport
- Jazeera Airways tops on-time performance
- Jumeirah inks Oman luxury resort deal
- Ritz unveils big Qatar National Day offer
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head