Mubadala unit, Emirates ink services deal
Zurich, September 27, 2012
SR Technics, part of the Abu Dhabi-based Mubadala Aerospace MRO network, has signed a long-term contract with Emirates for line maintenance services out of Zurich airport.
Under the agreement SR Technics will provide extensive line maintenance support for Boeing 777 and Airbus A330 or A340 aircraft types. With up to two aircraft being serviced each day over the next five years, the contract will cover more than 3,500 line maintenance events.
Colin Disspain, manager Regional Outstations Engineering for Europe, The Americas and the Russian Federation at Emirates, said: “SR Technics’ line maintenance team in Zurich is renowned for its ability to maintain best-in-class technical dispatch reliability performance for fleets under its management.
“For Emirates this is a must, as it helps us as an airline to ensure optimal fleet performance, and maintain our high levels of customer satisfaction.”
André Wall, president of SR Technics, said: “The strong reputation of our line maintenance teams in Zurich for delivering the highest performance, quality and reliability was pivotal in securing this long-term maintenance contract for SR Technics.
“We share a joint vision with Emirates to ensure an uninterrupted operation for the airline, and by drawing on our line maintenance and wider teams’ experience, knowledge and expertise we look forward to a long and positive relationship with Emirates over the coming years.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- Etihad, Greek airline sign codeshare
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction
- Flora plans $204m property expansion in Dubai
- Dubai sees Ukraine tourist numbers up 29pc
- Bahrain air show set to take off
- Summit explores future of regional travel industry