Crowne Plaza resort opens in Jordan
Amman, October 9, 2012
InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) has announced the opening of its 420-room Crowne Plaza resort & spa in Jordan, nestled at the lowest point on earth on the banks of the Dead Sea.
With the launch of Crowne Plaza Jordan Dead Sea Resort & Spa, IHG now have seven hotels in the country including Holiday Inn Dead Sea Resort and the renowned InterContinental Jordan.
It is the third Crowne Plaza to open in Jordan, joining Crowne Plaza Petra and Crowne Plaza Amman, said a company statement.
The resort boasts of a massive 5,500 cu m swimming pool, called ‘The Lake’ and the beach-side pool with infinity views. besides the 6,000m sq m Thalgo Spa with 30 treatment rooms, three indoor heated hydrotherapy pools, a Dead Sea salt water pool and gym.
The guests can also enjoy Jordan’s longest stretch of private beach at 408 meters below sea level, said the IHG statement.
The Crowne Plaza Jordan Dead Sea Resort & Spa, which comprises a Presidential Suite and Royal Suite, is just 30 minutes away from capital Amman and 45 minutes from Queen Alia International Airport.
“Crowne Plaza Jordan Dead Sea Resort & Spa is a very special place. The leisure and spa facilities have to be seen to be believed and it won’t be long before the resort becomes one of Jordan’s most popular places to escape to,” remarked IHG’s Pascal Gauvin, chief operating officer, India and MEA.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Qatar Airways launches online visa system
- Etihad in talks on $413m Alitalia investment
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- Etihad, Greek airline sign codeshare
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction
- Flora plans $204m property expansion in Dubai
- Dubai sees Ukraine tourist numbers up 29pc