Hotels 'must release card deposits in 48 hours'
Dubai, October 14, 2012
The Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM) of Dubai has urged hotel establishments in the emirate to release credit card deposit within 48 hours from customers’ checkout.
This was affirmed in a meeting presided over by Khalid Ahmed bin Sulayem, director general – DTCM, with representatives of hotel establishments in the emirate, as well as from credit card network Visa and banks in the UAE.
The DTCM has received comments that some hotel establishments delay the release of blocked deposit against credit card payment, a statement said.
The new move is aimed to provide the best services to Dubai tourists and visitors, and to reinforce the role of hotel establishments in ensuring customers’ satisfaction, it said.
All hotel establishments are urged to speed up the process of releasing the deposit upon completing the checkout procedures of the client within a maximum of 48 hours, it said.
The DTCM has issued a circular on this. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Double delivery takes Emirates A380 fleet to 44
- Boeing wins $7bn Cathay Pacific order
- Qatar Airways launches online visa system
- Etihad in talks on $413m Alitalia investment
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- Etihad, Greek airline sign codeshare
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction