Emirates to start additional flights for Haj
Dubai, October 15, 2012
UAE’s leading airline, Emirates, has announced the addition of more than 70 extra services to and from Saudi Arabia for Haj.
An extra 27 flights are running between Dubai and Jeddah from now until October 22, a statement from the airline said. An additional 33 flights will operate Jeddah to Dubai between October 29 and November 11.
Another seven flights will go into Al Medinah al Munawarah from October 13 to 19 and an extra five flights will depart Madinah from November4 to 8. Dedicated check-in counters have been set up within Emirates’ exclusive Terminal 3.
“Emirates aims to provide all its customers with the very best service and convenience, particularly so at this significant time of year, when many Muslims want to make this important journey,” said Sheikh Majid Al Mualla, Emirates’ senior vice president of commercial operations, Gulf, Middle East & Iran.
Emirates is the largest operator of the double-decker A380 and currently has 26 in service. Singapore and Moscow will become A380 destinations from December 1. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Summit explores future of regional travel industry
- AirAsiaX to buy 25 new Airbus jets
- Dusit launches premium hotel brand
- Etihad names new Kenya GM
- Emirates expands European Tour portfolio
- Gulf Air executive names AACO unit chief
- Air France celebrates 30 years of flying to Saudi
- Turkish Airlines to install 80 Sita kiosks
- BA launches Europe travel sale in UAE
- Etihad signs $3.3m deal with VisitBritain