Emirates to start additional flights for Haj
Dubai, October 15, 2012
UAE’s leading airline, Emirates, has announced the addition of more than 70 extra services to and from Saudi Arabia for Haj.
An extra 27 flights are running between Dubai and Jeddah from now until October 22, a statement from the airline said. An additional 33 flights will operate Jeddah to Dubai between October 29 and November 11.
Another seven flights will go into Al Medinah al Munawarah from October 13 to 19 and an extra five flights will depart Madinah from November4 to 8. Dedicated check-in counters have been set up within Emirates’ exclusive Terminal 3.
“Emirates aims to provide all its customers with the very best service and convenience, particularly so at this significant time of year, when many Muslims want to make this important journey,” said Sheikh Majid Al Mualla, Emirates’ senior vice president of commercial operations, Gulf, Middle East & Iran.
Emirates is the largest operator of the double-decker A380 and currently has 26 in service. Singapore and Moscow will become A380 destinations from December 1. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Loss-making Abu Dhabi TDIC sells key project
- Crowne Plaza Jordan gets food safety certification
- Oman Air, Travelport in seat assignment deal
- Kuwait Marriott unveils summer deals
- Tilal Liwa offers ‘traditional Ramadan experience’
- Etihad mulls equity stake in Serbian airline
- Qatar Airways buys up to 9 Boeing 777-300ER
- Jazeera secures $90m loan for buying aircraft
- 5 Hilton hotels in Egypt win regional honours
- Sands Abu Dhabi launches summer deals