Etihad appoints new Qatar general manager
Abu Dhabi, October 21, 2012
Abu Dhabi-based Etihad Airways has appointed Houssam Weiss as its general manager for Qatar.
Based in Doha, Weiss is responsible for the airline’s commercial activities, a statement from Etihad said.
He has worked in the airline industry for 17 years holding different managerial commercial positions for Swiss International Airlines, Air, Gulf Air and Emirates Airlines in the Middle East and UK.
Peter Baumgartner, Etihad Airways’ chief commercial officer, said: “Weiss has a wealth of experience working for Arabian Gulf carriers and has an in depth understanding of the Qatari market.”
The appointment coincides with the airline’s recently launched freighter operation from Abu Dhabi to Doha, the statement said.
Etihad Airways operates 26 weekly Airbus A319, A320 and A330 passenger services between the two Arab capitals. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Jazeera grabs key ME market share
- Etihad, US firm ink smart technology pact
- Renaissance to host 'day of discovery'
- Boeing clinches $30bn Dreamliner-10 orders
- Accor overhauls Pullman, targets 150 hotels
- Gulf Air official reappointed to key post
- Loss-making Abu Dhabi TDIC sells key project
- Crowne Plaza Jordan gets food safety certification
- Oman Air, Travelport in seat assignment deal
- Kuwait Marriott unveils summer deals