Etihad celebrates 9 years of operations
Abu Dhabi, November 5, 2012
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, marked nine years today at a ceremony held at its Abu Dhabi headquarters.
The airline’s chief commercial officer, Peter Baumgartner was joined by hundreds of staff as he cut the giant birthday cake, a statement from the airline company said.
“Etihad Airways has achieved significant growth since it took to the skies nine years ago. We look forward to many more years of safe operations, inspirational service and sustainable profitability.”
In its nine years of operation, Etihad Airways has built a global network of 86 passenger and cargo destinations across the Middle East, Africa, Australia, Europe, the Americas and Asia.
In total, the airline offers 327 global destinations with its 41 codeshare airline partners, including the four airlines in which it holds equity investments - airberlin, Air Seychelles, Virgin Australia and Aer Lingus. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Abu Dhabi Aviation to get latest Bell helicopter
- Gulf Hotels Group plans new spa complex
- Starwood joins hands with Bentley
- Air freight volumes to grow 17pc in 5 years
- DWC-Emaar in golf centre deal
- UAE group to open Seychelles resort
- Gulf Air marks 1m Beirut passengers
- 80 flights cancelled at London airports over fog
- Etihad mulls investment in Alitalia
- 25 countries set for Bahrain airshow