Etihad, TCA team up for Abu Dhabi push
Abu Dhabi, November 5, 2012
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, and Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority (TCA Abu Dhabi) have launched a joint initiative to promote and sell the emirate as a leading leisure destination to the world.
‘Access Abu Dhabi’ gives international trade partners an entirely new opportunity to sell the emirate to their international client base, providing arguably one of the world’s most exciting new tourism ‘hotspots’.
The new programme, which is unique in its approach, will provide the opportunity for national and international trade partners to benefit from ‘Preferred Incentive Packages’ which will include dedicated marketing support, dedicated sales support, along with joint road-shows and familiarisation programmes.
At a time of rising interest in Abu Dhabi on the global arena, ‘Access Abu Dhabi’ gives inbound trade partners a one-stop solution to secure the best terms and support for their annual land and air arrangements to Abu Dhabi, the largest of the seven emirates in the UAE and home to the country’s capital.
TCA Abu Dhabi and Etihad Airways will work together with wholesalers and tour operator partners to provide fast and tailored solutions for the increasing opportunities for the expanding emirate.
‘Access Abu Dhabi’ provides marketing support from both TCA Abu Dhabi and Etihad Airways, who will work in partnership with many of the world’s leading destination management companies that service the UAE.
Mubarak Al Muhairi, director general, TCA Abu Dhabi, said: “This new product demonstrates our commitment to our important travel partners and to helping them develop the increasing opportunities held out by our expanding tourism infrastructure and proposition.”
James Hogan, president and chief executive officer of Etihad Airways, said: “This partnership further demonstrates our confidence that Abu Dhabi is recognized as an exciting travel destination – complete with world class hotels and attractions.
“We are proud to be coming together with TCA Abu Dhabi as close partners in this venture, showcasing Abu Dhabi and our airline to the world.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers