Etihad increases economy baggage limit
Abu Dhabi, November 6, 2012
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, has increased the complimentary baggage allowance for its Coral Economy class guests to 30 kg.
Members of the Etihad Guest programme will enjoy additional allowances. For example, an Etihad Guest Elite member traveling in Economy will now be able to check as much as 50 kg of baggage on a complimentary basis.
Peter Baumgartner, Etihad Airways chief commercial officer, said: “We are continuously looking at ways to improve our offering for guests. We believe our generous baggage allowances will prove very popular with our guests across all cabins, from Coral Economy to Pearl Business and Diamond First class, while our Etihad Guest members enjoy even more baggage rewards.”
The new guidelines will also allow for complimentary carriage of some sporting equipment, a statement said.
In addition to the standard checked baggage allowance, a guest in any cabin will be able to check in up to 15 kg of Scuba equipment and golf bags weighing up to 15 kg on a complimentary basis.
In March, Etihad Airways increased the baggage allowance for premium passengers to 40kg for Pearl Business class and 50kg for Diamond First class. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers