Etihad increases economy baggage limit
Abu Dhabi, November 6, 2012
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, has increased the complimentary baggage allowance for its Coral Economy class guests to 30 kg.
Members of the Etihad Guest programme will enjoy additional allowances. For example, an Etihad Guest Elite member traveling in Economy will now be able to check as much as 50 kg of baggage on a complimentary basis.
Peter Baumgartner, Etihad Airways chief commercial officer, said: “We are continuously looking at ways to improve our offering for guests. We believe our generous baggage allowances will prove very popular with our guests across all cabins, from Coral Economy to Pearl Business and Diamond First class, while our Etihad Guest members enjoy even more baggage rewards.”
The new guidelines will also allow for complimentary carriage of some sporting equipment, a statement said.
In addition to the standard checked baggage allowance, a guest in any cabin will be able to check in up to 15 kg of Scuba equipment and golf bags weighing up to 15 kg on a complimentary basis.
In March, Etihad Airways increased the baggage allowance for premium passengers to 40kg for Pearl Business class and 50kg for Diamond First class. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Starwood joins hands with Bentley
- Air freight volumes to grow 17pc in 5 years
- UAE group to open Seychelles resort
- Gulf Air marks 1m Beirut passengers
- 80 flights cancelled at London airports over fog
- Etihad mulls investment in Alitalia
- 25 countries set for Bahrain airshow
- Air Arabia launches all new website
- Abu Dhabi plans permanent cruise terminal
- ME to top global air passenger demand