Dubai International ‘Airport of the Year’
Dubai, November 8, 2012
Dubai International, the world’s fourth busiest hub for international passengers, has been named Airport of the Year at the sixth Aviation Business Awards (ABA) 2012 ceremony organised by magazine publishers ITP Business in Dubai.
The ABAs included 14 categories in total, covering airline, airport and cargo sectors across the region, along with supporting niches, a statement from an official said.
The Airport of the Year category acknowledges the Middle Eastern airport that has experienced a breakthrough period of success over the past 12 months, with evidence of strong performance for passenger and cargo operations, relationship building with airlines and other partners, facility enhancements and market innovation.
“This is a testimony to the successful collaboration between Dubai Airports and our strategic partners, including the 150 airlines that connect us to some 220 destinations around the world. Also, our frontline staff, who always strive to go the extra mile to deliver top notch customer service every day, have a huge contribution in this victory,” said Ali Angizeh, vice president of cargo and logistics at Dubai Airports, who received the award on behalf of the airport operator.
The Aviation Business Awards recognise and reward those individuals and companies that have made a significant contribution to the development of the region’s aviation industry, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Marriott opens first Courtyard hotel in Saudi
- K Hotel names new F&B manager
- Air Arabia raises $350 million loan
- UAE tops region for tourism receipts in 2012
- Kerzner signs Jeddah One&Only deal
- Forum to map out Arab tourism strategies
- Turkish Airlines adds 4 new destinations
- Moroccan tourism revenue up 6pc in Jan
- City Seasons backs European MICE event
- Dubai T2 expansion boosts flydubai growth