Garuda to launch new Abu Dhabi flights
Abu Dhabi, November 10, 2012
Indonesia's national carrier Garuda is set to introduce flights between Abu Dhabi and its hub in Jakarta next month as part of efforts to attract tourism from Bahrain and other GCC countries.
The Garuda Indonesia flights are expected to begin as early as December 2, said Association of the Indonesian Tours and Travel Agencies west Java chapter president Maktal Hadiyat.
"The direct flights will increase passenger traffic from Bahrain, Qatar, Oman and Kuwait," said the official, who is also the managing director of Bandung-based tour operator Batik Holidays.
"We already have similar flights from Jeddah to Jakarta, but the additional flights will increase passenger flow with travellers and tourists from the GCC willing to travel to Indonesia."
Details of the flights to Abu Dhabi were revealed during a meeting in the city of Bandung organised by the Indonesian Embassy in Bahrain and Tourism and Creative Economy Ministry for Bahrain-based journalists.
Meanwhile, a separate event was held for representatives from leading tour operators, who were briefed about the latest strategies to increase tourism.-TradeArabia News service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn