Benny Darsana and Hannah George
Ritz-Carlton DIFF names 4 key officials
Dubai, November 18, 2012
The Ritz-Carlton, Dubai International Financial Centre has announced the appointment of four new officials to senior management positions.
As the hotel nears the end of its second successful year in operation, the new team members will be integral to the hotel’s ongoing success and to cementing its positioning as a leading luxury hotel in the Middle East, and internationally, a statement said.
General manager Lothar Quarz said: “As we head towards the start of our third year in operations, we are looking to take the hotel to the next level in terms of guest engagement and experience.
“Our ladies and gentlemen are fundamental to achieving this and by strengthening the senior management team with four new members, I am confident and excited that we have the best people in place, to further establish the hotel as a leader in the luxury hotel market.”
Rania J Keedy, director of Sales & Marketing
Keedy joins The Ritz-Carlton, DIFC with 12 years of sales & marketing experience from InterContinental Hotels Group. Before joining The Ritz-Carlton, DIFC, Keedy was director of Sales & Marketing for InterContinental Doha The City, Qatar, where she was part of the pre-opening team, responsible for the commercial and strategic development of the property.
Lorenzo Maraviglia, director of Food & Beverage
Following three years as director of Food & Beverage at Armani Hotel, Dubai, Maraviglia joins The Ritz-Carlton, DIFC with extensive experience in the luxury food and beverage market. Part of the pre-opening team and responsible for six restaurants and two lounges at Armani, Lorenzo successfully helped create the concepts and launch the hotel’s food and beverage outlets.
Benny Darsana, director of Human Resources
Benny Darsana brings nearly 30 years of hospitality experience to The Ritz-Carlton, DIFC, including 18 hotel openings across Europe, Asia and the Middle East. Benny rejoins The Ritz-Carlton, DIFC following a secondment to The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company in a regional capacity, as area director of Human Resources for Bvlgari & Edition, Europe, Middle East & Africa.
Hannah George, director of Public Relations
George joins The Ritz-Carlton, DIFC with nearly 10 years of PR and marketing experience in the UK and the Middle East. From an agency background, Hannah was previously account director for leading Dubai-based agency Dabo & Co, where she headed the Consumer PR Division, delivering strategic communications campaigns for a number of luxury and hospitality brands. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan