Dusit to open Abu Dhabi hotel in 2013
Abu Dhabi, November 20, 2012
Dusit International, a leading Asian hospitality group, plans to open its first 5-star business hotel property in Abu Dhabi during the first quarter of 2013.
The 37-storey ‘glass tower’ property includes 402 luxurious guest rooms and suites besides 131 deluxe serviced apartments that offer a wealth of unique facilities for the discerning business traveller, said a statement from Dusit.
Strategically located in the new business and government district, the Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi, is 10 minutes drive from the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre, 20 minutes from Abu Dhabi International Airport and only a few minutes away from other city landmarks and major corporate headquarters.
Commenting on the launch, GM Scott Mawhinney said, “Abu Dhabi is emerging as one of the most sought-after business hubs in the region and we see enormous potential for a world-class business hotel in the capital. We are confident that with its superb strategic location, the new hotel will prove a major attraction to local, regional and international business travellers to the UAE capital seeking comfort, security and convenience.”
Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi blends modern architecture with an innovative design creating an exquisite and refreshingly new hotel experience.
Each of the hotel’s spacious rooms and apartments comprises a wonderful mix of Thai influences and modern lifestyle, featuring well-designed furniture and the latest technology, said the statement from the hospitality group, said Mawhinney.
This includes interactive LED TV with satellite channels, Wi-Fi and high-speed internet connection, working desk, electronic safe, individually controlled air conditioning, direct dial phone with voice mail, tea and coffee making facilities, mini bar and hair dryer, he noted.
Mawhinney said Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi has been developed with the rapidly growing Meetings, Incentives, Conferences and Exhibitions (MICE) market in mind.
The hotel offers a spacious conference centre with a variety of function rooms, including a 785 sq m ballroom that can facilitate all types of events, conferences, exhibitions or social events that can host up to 2,000 guests.
The innovative design of the pre-function area with its impressive ‘Skydome’, the elegance and convenience of each function room together with state-of-art facilities and attentive service make Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi the perfect venue to host a memorable event.
Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi boasts a broad selection of dining outlets capturing a vibrant and fun atmosphere in which to socialize to a chic casual and elegant environment in which to relax and unwind after a busy day at the office. The outlets include:
Benjarong, the signature Thai restaurant takes diners on an authentic culinary journey and invites them to indulge in a truly royal treat within a unique setting.
The Capital Grill is a contemporary lifestyle restaurant and bar featuring sophisticated and stylish setting where guests can enjoy an array of premium US and Australian meat cuts, grills and signature specialities complemented by a wide collection of international beverages.
Urban Kitchen is the ultimate venue to indulge in plentiful buffets and live cooking stations and savour an eclectic mix of flavours from Thailand, Japan, Malaysia, India, Europe or Middle East.
Dusit Gourmet welcomes guests to a casual lounge experience featuring an impressive selection of sandwiches, freshly baked pastries and petit fours together with delicious chocolate pralines and ice-cream. Guests have the option to dine in, take away or pack an assortment of tasty gourmet gifts.
Orchid is a relaxed and contemporary lounge, where guests are invited to experience a variety of aromatic and herbal oriental teas or savour a freshly brewed coffee.
The recreational facilities include DFiT, a fully equipped fitness centre and Namm Spa, an urban sanctuary featuring eight treatment rooms.
"DFiT is one of the largest health clubs in Abu Dhabi that offers a breathtaking 270-degree view of the UAE capital. The members-only lifestyle club also boasts of a world-class aerobics studio. An outdoor pool on the 23rd floor is perfect for relaxation and small receptions with stunning views of the city," said Mawhinney.
“Our wide range of leisure facilities, complemented by the strategic location close to many of the city’s major attractions such as the Abu Dhabi Corniche, Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque and Abu Dhabi Golf Club, is a perfect fit that embraces the expectations of today’s affluent business traveller,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO