DTCM provides a memorial gift to the hotel management
Melia Group opens region's first Spanish hotel
Dubai, November 27, 2012
Meliá Hotels International, Spain’s leading hotel group, has begun its expansion into the region by announcing the opening of its Meliá Hotels & Resorts brand’s first property, Meliá Dubai.
The opening ceremony was attended by Majid AL Marri, director Hotel Classification at the Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM) and the Spanish ambassador in UAE along with some investors and decision makers in hotel sector.
Al Marri gave a welcome speech and congratulated the hotel operation team for being the first Spanish hotel in business hotel chain in Dubai. Located in the heart of the city, the hotel is an ideal place for both business and leisure travelers, he said.
He also pointed that Dubai, one of the fastest-growing cities in the world, holds a prime position in the Mena region as a leading tourist destination and a hub for business tourism offering the visitors a host of attractions. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas