Bombardier to showcase 3 jets at Dubai event
Dubai, November 29, 2012
Canada-based Bombardier Aerospace, a manufacturer of both planes and trains, will showcase three of its class-defining business jets at an upcoming business aviation show in Dubai.
The fifth edition of Middle East Business Aviation (MEBA) is set to be held at Dubai’s Al Maktoum airport from December 11 to 13. Bombardier will display the Challenger 605, Challenger 850 and Global 5000 jets.
The Bombardier Vision Flight Deck will be adding another show to its world tour since it entered service in March. Aboard the Global 6000 demonstrator it has accumulated over 550 flight hours, completed more than 235 legs and flown over 600 passengers a total distance in excess of 400,000 km (248,548 miles).
“The Middle East remains a solid market for business aviation, and this year’s show will see us highlight our entire family of jets,” said Khader Mattar, regional vice president, Middle East, Africa and India.
“We know our Global 5000 jet will be a particular highlight as it offers the region great range, a superior cabin and generous baggage space.”
Bombardier has also expanded its support in the region as it continues to invest in its facilities and offerings.
In the past year, Bombardier named Qatar Airways' Corporate Jet Division, Qatar Executive, a Line Maintenance Facility (LMF) for Challenger 300, Challenger 604, Challenger 605 and Global business jets.
The Doha-based LMF complements Bombardier’s parts depot and full-scale business aircraft Regional Support Office (RSO) in Dubai, staffed by a customer liaison pilot, customer support account manager, two field service representatives and the RSO manager.
Challenger 605 aircraft: The revered Challenger 605 jet builds upon the legacy of productivity, quality and reliability of its predecessor, the peerless Challenger 604 jet, leading its market share segment throughout the world.
Featuring one of the widest stand-up cabins of any large category business jet available today, it can soar six passengers 4,000 nm (7,408 km) from Dubai to Hong Kong.
Challenger 850 aircraft: The Challenger 850 jet embodies comfort for its passengers by offering the largest cabin in its segment with proven reliability, making it the choice of many for flights up to 2,811 nm (5,206 km). It will fly eight passengers from Dubai to Moscow non-stop.
Global 5000 aircraft: The Global 5000 jet combines superior transcontinental speed with the largest cabin in its class. It offers ultimate comfort to those on board and with the Bombardier Vision Flight Deck it combines design and technology from nose to tail.
On board, passengers have high-speed Internet and unmatched entertainment and productivity options. This jet will fly 5,200 nm (9,630 km) and connect Dubai with Cape Town. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO