Air Arabia launches services to Prishtina
Sharjah, November 29, 2012
Leading low-cost carrier in the Mena region, Air Arabia, has officially inaugurated its service to Prishtina, Republic of Kosovo, becoming the first UAE airline to operate scheduled flights to the country.
Arabia will offer two weekly services between Sharjah and Prishtina, with flights operating on Mondays and Thursdays, a statement from the airline company said.
“Air Arabia is delighted to touch down in Prishtina and became the first UAE carrier to offer scheduled services to Kosovo,” said Adel Ali, group CEO of Air Arabia.
“We are confident that our service to Prishtina will further contribute to the ever growing ties between the Republic of Kosovo and the UAE. Additionally, the launch of two direct flights from Sharjah will offer customers a unique value-driven product, while rapidly expanding our network in Eastern Europe.”
With an average age of 25, Kosovo has one of the youngest populations in Europe. Prishtina, the nation’s capital and largest city, is located near to the Shar Mountains and is famed for its cafes, markets and historical landmarks. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- British Airways celebrates Jordan return
- Egypt tourist arrivals jump 11.8pc
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced
- Abu Dhabi plans 'bigger, louder' Summer fest
- RAK's Beach Hotel wins leisure hotel award
- African aviation expo launched
- Marriott opens first Courtyard hotel in Saudi
- Crowne Plaza names Bahrain sales head
- Air Arabia raises $350 million loan