Etihad wins top airline award
Abu Dhabi, December 2, 2012
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, won Airline of the Year at the sixth annual Aviation Business Awards, held in Dubai.
This is the second time Etihad Airways has picked up the award, beating three other Gulf carriers. The airline last won in 2010.
Etihad Airways was lauded for its success over the past 12 months, including: new route launches, aircraft investment, on-time punctuality, its customer loyalty program, network of alliances and market innovation.
Etihad Airways’ chief commercial officer, Peter Baumgartner, said: “For Etihad Airways being named Airline of the Year is the icing on the cake in what has been a record-breaking 12 months for us.
“It is testament to the strength and success of our global strategy, the professionalism and hard work of our team, and the inspirational travel experiences we offer our guests.”
Organised by magazine publisher ITP Business, the Aviation Business Awards have established themselves as a highly respected annual celebration of achievements within the Middle East aerospace industry.
The 2012 awards ceremony included 12 categories in total, covering the airline, airport and cargo sectors, along with supporting niches. The five-person judging panel was composed of experts from within the Middle East aerospace industry. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares