Etihad wins Global Traveler award for uniforms
Abu Dhabi, December 3, 2012
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, has been recognized for having the best airline flight attendant uniforms by US-based Global Traveler magazine.
The award will be presented at the Global Traveler awards ceremony on December 12 at the Peninsula Hotel in Los Angeles. Award winners were determined by a survey of frequent business and luxury travellers, with more than 36,000 respondents.
Aubrey Tiedt, Etihad Airways vice president Guest Services, said: “Our cabin crew are, in very many ways, brand ambassadors. They bring the Etihad Airways brand to destinations across the globe, delivering the warm and attentive service for which we are known.
“Fittingly, our uniform, conceptualised by Italian couture designer Ettore Bilotta, is a classically elegant ensemble. The simple design is universally appealing, with a touch of our Arabian heritage in the form of the stylish light veil worn with the ladies’ uniform.
“With only one chance to make a first impression, we are pleased to present our cabin crew as professional and modern. We overlook no details in our service, nor our presentation,” Riedt added.
Etihad Airways has recently made updates to enhance the look of the uniforms. For example, female Cabin Managers, who wear a clean grey suit, now accent the look with red shoes to complement red gloves. All male cabin crew now wear the same look, a modern three-piece suit and tie, with different colours to signify different roles. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction
- Flora plans $204m property expansion in Dubai
- Dubai sees Ukraine tourist numbers up 29pc
- Bahrain air show set to take off
- Summit explores future of regional travel industry
- AirAsiaX to buy 25 new Airbus jets
- Dusit launches premium hotel brand
- Etihad names new Kenya GM
- Emirates expands European Tour portfolio
- Gulf Air executive names AACO unit chief