Boeing to deliver two high-end jets in ME
Dubai, December 11, 2012
Boeing Business Jets (BBJ) is set to deliver two state-of-the-art luxury BBJ 747-8s for head-of-state customers in the region.
Of the nine BBJ 747-8s that have been ordered to date, all but one are for customers in the Middle East, the largest selling region for BBJs and comprising more than 30 per cent of the market.
“Despite the global economic downturn, the Middle East region remains a very strong market for both single-aisle and twin-aisle VIP airplanes,” said Captain Steve Taylor, president, Boeing Business Jets.
“Our customers want an aircraft capable of connecting virtually any two cities in the world nonstop,” said Taylor. “Incredible range, along with unmatched comfort, makes BBJ the preferred choice for head-of-state customers and private individuals in the Middle East.”
Two months ago, the first BBJ 777-200LR (longer range) for a head-of-state customer in the Middle East entered into service. With a range capability of more than 10,000 nautical miles (18,500 km.), the BBJ 777-200LR is the longest range business jet in the world.
Attendees of the Middle East Business Aviation (MEBA) event in Dubai this week will have an opportunity to tour three BBJs, including a very spacious BBJ 767, the largest business jet on display at the show.
MEBA 2012 is running from December 11 to 13 at Al Maktoum international Airport, Dubai World Centre. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Boeing delivers 777-300 jetliner to Saudia
- Kuwait Airways signs Airbus deal
- Atlantis, The Palm, seeks $850m loan
- Emirates, TUI India ink agent agreement
- Dnata buys Air France stake in Italian unit
- SIA profits drop in contest from Gulf carriers
- Kuwait Airways in financing talks for Airbus order
- Ritz-Carlton Dubai unveils summer offers
- Royal Rose Hotel appoints general manager
- GCAA, Etihad open operations licensing office