Etihad to launch HK codeshare service
Abu Dhabi, December 15, 2012
UAE national airline Etihad Airways said its new codeshare services to Hong Kong in deal with equity and partner Air Seychelles will begin from March 24.
Hong Kong is Etihad Airways’ fourth destination in Greater China joining Beijing, Chengdu and Shanghai in the airline's expanding China network.
The tickets for the three return services per week, operated by Air Seychelles, will be available for sale from tomorrow (December 6), said a statement from the Abu Dhabi carrier.
President and CEO James Hogan said Hong Kong was an exciting and significant addition to the Etihad Airways network.
"The new service will connect Abu Dhabi, the capital and financial centre of the UAE, with Hong Kong, one of the most dynamic financial and commercial hubs in North Asia," he remarked.
"It will create new business opportunities for trading partners in both the UAE and Hong Kong and provide additional seat capacity and convenience for travellers between the two ends of the route and beyond," said Hogan.
“This is also an important move for our partner, Air Seychelles, as the connection of the Seychelles and Asia will support the vital tourism industry on the archipelago,” he added
The flight schedule will provide convenient connectivity from Hong Kong over Etihad Airways’ hub in Abu Dhabi, to key destinations across the GCC, and to European destinations including the United Kingdom, France, Germany and Ireland.
The flight EY4122 (HM86) will leave Abu Dhabi on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays at 9.40pm and arrive in Hong Kong at 9:40 am (+1). On return, EY4121(HM87) will take off from Hong Kong on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 6.55pm and land in Abu Dhabi (AUH) at 11.25pm
Etihad Cargo, a division of Etihad Airways, operates a three times a week service from its hub at Abu Dhabi International Airport to Hong Kong, said the statement.
Air Seychelles will operate an A330-200 aircraft in a two-class configuration on the sector, offering 18 Pearl Business class and 236 Economy class seats, it added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares