Dubai Aquarium wins top Images award
Dubai, December 26, 2012
Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo, owned and operated by Emaar Retail, has been awarded the ‘Images Most Admired Retailer of the Year – Leisure & Entertainment’ honour at Images RetailME Awards 2012.
The ‘Images Most Admired Retailer of the Year – Leisure & Entertainment’ category was open to all leisure outlets in the Middle East region, and judges based their decision on evidence of quality and specialty content, themed activities, occupancy levels, average ticket value, competitive prices as well as systems and processes, combined with effective customer service.
Arif Amiri, CEO, Emaar Retail, said: “The Most Admired Retailer of the Year award underlines the premier position of Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo, as a world class leisure and entertainment attraction.”
“We focus on assuring our visitors the best experiences and regularly renew our themed campaigns to ensure that guests are not only entertained but also have a strong insight into sustainable development and environmental conservation.”
Located at The Dubai Mall, Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo features the world’s largest acrylic viewing panel, and offers one of the largest and most diverse showcase aquatic animals.
Underwater Zoo, located on Level 2 above the main Aquarium, presents global bio-diversity in different ecological zones including a Rainforest, Rocky Shore and Ocean where visitors can see and learn about amazing living exhibits that include two species of penguins, coral reef animals, Giant Spider Crabs, piranhas and even Asian Otters.
Other leisure attractions at The Dubai Mall include the unique children’s’ edutainment centre KidZania; Reel Cinemas, the UAE’s largest megaplex with 22-screens; Dubai Ice Rink, the Olympic-sized ice-skating and events venue, and Sega Republic, the region’s first and largest Sega indoor theme park.
Emaar Retail has also established the ‘premier’ Reel Cinemas Cineplex and rolled out a new ‘Sega Republic Game Zone’ and ‘Skate Zone’ the first outdoor skating rink in Dubai at Dubai Marina Mall. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares