Gulf Air, Qatar Airways win Saudi licence
Riyadh, December 29, 2012
Saudi Arabia’s General Authority for Civil Aviation (GACA) has awarded carrier licences to Gulf Air and Qatar Airways – the first foreign airlines to win such a licence in the kingdom, the Saudi state news agency SPA reported yesterday.
The licence, which 14 companies had applied for, is to operate both local and international flights, GACA has previously said.
Until now only the national carrier Saudi Airlines and budget airline National Air Services have serviced a domestic market of around 27 million people.-Reuters
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Gulf Hotels Group plans new spa complex
- Starwood joins hands with Bentley
- Air freight volumes to grow 17pc in 5 years
- UAE group to open Seychelles resort
- Gulf Air marks 1m Beirut passengers
- 80 flights cancelled at London airports over fog
- Etihad mulls investment in Alitalia
- 25 countries set for Bahrain airshow
- Air Arabia launches all new website
- Abu Dhabi plans permanent cruise terminal