Qatar Airways, American Airlines in codeshare
Fort Worth, Texas, January 9, 2013
American Airlines has signed an agreement with Qatar Airways, the country’s national carrier, to codeshare on each other’s flights providing new growth opportunities for American in the Middle East and for Qatar in the US.
Following government approvals the new codeshare agreement will offer customers more seamless choices by allowing the two airlines to work together to improve flight schedules and connection times.
"Our extensive codeshare relationship with Qatar Airways will provide our customers with easy, premium access when traveling to and from the Middle East and beyond," said Kurt Stache, American's vice president - Strategic Alliances.
"This new codeshare relationship with Qatar is another example of how American is focused on building its global network through closer coordination with its alliance partners around the world."
The agreement with Qatar will include codesharing on nonstop flights between the US and Doha, flights connecting at the carriers' European gateways such as Paris and London, and flights to cities in the US and beyond Doha.
American said customers can begin booking travel on codeshare flights as early as February 10, for travel beginning February 26. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Qatar drops bid to shift ICAO from Montreal
- BA plane makes emergency landing after engine fire
- Jet Airways shareholders approve Etihad deal
- Middle East Hotel Awards held
- Pacific World announces UAE, Oman launch
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Emirates to increase flights to Colombo
- Etihad Airways appoints new GM
- Oman Air to buy three A330 planes
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens