Dusit Thani appoints new sales director
Abu Dhabi, January 10, 2013
Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi, the iconic luxury 5-star business hotel set to open in the first quarter of the year, has officially announced the appointment of Stefan van der Kruyf as director of sales and marketing.
Kruyf has been in the hospitality sector for over three decades, working with some of the most renowned 5-star hotel companies across the globe. In his new role, he spearheads the sales and marketing functions for the launch phase of Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi, a statement from the hotel said.
“Our strategy is to leverage our dynamic business model, as we seek growth opportunities in the vibrant marketplace of the UAE capital. The property offers a unique mix of a strategic location, superb MICE, F&B and leisure facilities which will prove to be a winning formula.”
Kruyf started his career at the Intercontinental Hotel Frankfurt in 1982 and has worked in senior capacities with Le Meridien Hotels, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts, Hilton, Marriott and Sheraton groups across various markets around the world, the statement said.
Most recently, he was the director of sales & marketing at Banyan Tree Al Wadi, Ras Al Khaimah, where he was responsible for the opening of the Desert & Beach Resort.
Strategically located in the new business and government district, adjacent to the CERT – Technology Park, the Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi features a wealth of unique facilities that provide the business traveler with a perfect destination within its 402 luxurious guest rooms & suites and 131 deluxe serviced apartments. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn