Etihad to fly UAE soccer fans to Bahrain
Abu Dhabi, January 12, 2013
UAE national airline Etihad Airways, in conjunction with the UAE Football Federation, will operate five free flights to carry Emirati football fans to Bahrain for the semi finals of the 21st GCC Soccer Cup Championship on Tuesday.
The move comes after UAE President Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan gave directives to allocate airplanes for taking the UAE fans to Bahrain for supporting the national football team in the crucial game.
Etihad Airways will offer just over 872 seats from a total of 1,400 seats from four locations to carry supporters from the UAE to Bahrain and back on the day of the match. Flights will depart from Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Dubai and Sharjah.
To register for a free return flight, supporters must present their UAE ID card or valid UAE passport by no later than noon on January 14, to the Al Jazeera Club or the Al Ain Club, said a statement from Etihad.
Supporters from Dubai and Sharjah should register at the UAE Football Federation offices in Dubai, it stated.
Flight details will be confirmed on registration. On the day of the match, registered passengers must arrive at the designated airports two hours prior to departure to receive their boarding passes, the statement said.
The return flights will leave Bahrain after the match ends allowing for passengers to be transported from the stadium. Transportation from Bahrain International Airport to the stadium and back to airport will be provided, it added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Gulf Air launches flights to Sialkot
- Qatar Airways raises Colombo flight capacity
- GCC takes on the Caribbean in big cruise tourism war
- Etihad finace head wins top award
- Turkish Airlines boosts Africa network
- New Holiday Inn hotel opens in Mauritius
- Abu Dhabi Aviation to get latest Bell helicopter
- Gulf Hotels Group plans new spa complex
- Starwood joins hands with Bentley
- Air freight volumes to grow 17pc in 5 years