Etihad flies GCC Soccer supporters to Bahrain
Abu Dhabi, January 15, 2013
Abu Dhabi-based Etihad Airways, in conjunction with the UAE Football Federation, today carried hundreds of supporters attending the semi-finals of the 21st GCC Soccer Cup Championship being held in Bahrain.
This comes following directives by the President His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan to allocate airplanes to carry football fans to the Kingdom, a statement from the airline company said.
Passengers flew from Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Dubai and Sharjah. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- BA relaxes rules on electronic device use
- Flight options to boost Mideast-Asia travel
- Air Arabia eyes more Bahrain flights
- Double delivery takes Emirates A380 fleet to 44
- Boeing wins $7bn Cathay Pacific order
- Qatar Airways launches online visa system
- Etihad in talks on $413m Alitalia investment
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal