Areka expands into MEA with Dubai office
Paris, January 16, 2013
Areka Consulting has opened for business in Dubai, bringing independent travel management consulting services to corporate clients throughout the Middle East and Africa in addition to other markets worldwide.
Michel Oulevay, a senior travel management professional, will coordinate end‐to‐end local, regional and global programmes for clients as Areka’s new director of Consulting, MEA.
“Michel’s appointment is a great start to the year for our newest clients in the Middle east and Africa,” said Pascal Jungfer, CEO of Areka Consulting.
“His understanding of the specific issues companies face in the region and worldwide is enormously valuable in empowering companies to get the most from their travel programs, and he fits perfectly into our global team of senior travel management experts.
“Our strategy is to be geographically close to our clients wherever they are in the world, since a keen knowledge of local markets is essential to providing the most relevant support.
Created in 2010 by four partners in Paris and Sydney, the fast-growing company is present in seven cities worldwide (adding Brussels, London, New York, Zurich and now Dubai) through a global team of senior travel management consultants, each offering outstanding global experience combined with an intimate knowledge of specific local markets.
Michel Oulevay brings an extensive track record in sales, multinational program and supplier management (airlines, travel management companies and global distribution systems), gained from more than 25 years with leading names such as Carlson Wagonlit Travel, Swissair and Travelport.
Based in Dubai since 2006, Michel has also worked and lived in France, Germany, Senegal, Switzerland and the UK. He speaks English, French, German and Italian.
“I’m delighted to be joining Areka Consulting at a time when there are so many opportunities for companies in the Middle East and Africa to make big savings and do more for their travelers within their budgets.
Clients in the region can request Areka’s customized services across all areas of business travel, including program audits, sourcing (air, hotel, agency and online booking tool providers), travel policy, implementation and reporting. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Abu Dhabi runway closed for upgradation work
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard