Etihad to ply additional flights for GCC game
Abu Dhabi, January 17, 2013
Abu Dhabi-based Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, has announced it will operate at least three extra flights to carry football fans to Bahrain on January 18 to support the UAE national football team.
UAE, which beat Kuwait in the semi-finals, will play against Iraq in the final game of the 21st GCC Soccer Cup Championship, set to take place in the Kingdom.
Etihad Airways will offer over 250 seats from Abu Dhabi to Bahrain and 380 seats out of Bahrain back Abu Dhabi, a statement from the airline company said.
Etihad Airways operates four scheduled flights daily to Bahrain. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Orders top $100bn as Boeing, Airbus battle it out
- Qatar Airways picks US firm for nacelle service
- Oman Air orders five Boeing 737-900ER jets
- Jazeera grabs key ME market share
- Etihad, US firm ink smart technology pact
- Renaissance to host 'day of discovery'
- Boeing clinches $30bn Dreamliner-10 orders
- Accor overhauls Pullman, targets 150 hotels
- Gulf Air official reappointed to key post
- Loss-making Abu Dhabi TDIC sells key project