Mövenpick opens fifth hotel in Dubai
Dubai, January 21, 2013
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts, the upscale hospitality company of Swiss heritage, has opened a 180-room hotel in Al Mamzar area of Dubai, its fifth property in the emirate.
With this, Mövenpick Hotel Apartments The Square has become the first international hotel company in the city's Al Mamzar area of Deira, said a statement from the company.
The property, located close to the Al Mamzar Beach Park and other landmarks within Deira, Dubai's historical centre, boasts of 180 superior and deluxe rooms, as well as one- and two-bedroom hotel apartment suites.
The group has four Mövenpick properties in operation in Dubai, including Ibn Battuta Gate, Jumeirah Beach, Bur Dubai and Deira. The fifth property will further complement the company's strategic reach in the city and in the area of Deira.
Due to its proximity to Dubai International Airport, Dubai Creek, Sharjah, the airport free zone, port and trading centres, Deira remains a vibrant central district where hotels enjoy upwards of 80 per cent occupancy year-round.
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts is optimistic about its future success in the emirate, given that the existing portfolio in the city achieved an average occupancy of 86 per cent in 2012.
Mövenpick is planning top open its sixth property in Jumeirah Lake Towers later this year, said a senior official.
"In addition to being the only international hotel company in Al Mamzar, we look forward to differentiate the hotel by providing the Swiss quality, value and five-star service which Moevenpick is renowned for," remarked Chadi Gedeon, general manager of Moevenpick Hotel Apartments The Square.
"Our hotel is ideal for families, executive travellers and long-stay guests. I strongly believe that our stylish and contemporary-design hotel apartments, coupled with our friendly approach, will provide both short and long-term guests with a memorable stay," he added.
The hotel is owned by Town Square Investment and is part of The Square, a mixed use arabesque-themed community complex inspired by the Arabian inner courtyard.
The two-phase project in Al Mamzar comprises residential buildings, extensive gardens, water features, apartments, office space and a retail area.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Abu Dhabi runway closed for upgradation work
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard