JW Marriott Kuwait names events director
Kuwait, January 22, 2013
JW Marriott Kuwait Hotel has announced the appointment of Dina Makouyan as director of Event Management.
Makouyan has 11 years of experience having worked in the hospitality and corporate industry in different regions covering Lebanon, Qatar and the UAE.
During her tenure in the UAE, Makouyan was exposed to brand management, catering and event management in various hotels that include Hotel Intercontinental Al Ain, Shangri-La Hotel in Dubai amongst others.
Makouyan also served as a former events director at Ideaz Factory International in Beirut, before being appointed as a Public Relations and Government Affairs manager at the Middle East and Africa Logistics Council.
Part of her new remit and responsibility at JW Marriott Kuwait City is to add more creative value by introducing new approaches that aim at meeting guests’ needs and ultimately increasing overall sales.
Makouyan said: “I am very proud to be part of a well-established and reputable chain of hotels, and since event management was always my passion, I look forward to work with the team at JW Marriott to bring our experiences and knowledge together in order to meet our diverse guests’ backgrounds and cultures.”
“The hospitality industry in Kuwait is very promising with different corporate sector activities and events along with social and lifestyle occasions that are constantly being celebrated,” she added.
George Aoun, general manager of Kuwait Marriott Hotels, said: “We are delighted to welcome a professional and a well-rounded expert in the hospitality sector, to complement the growth of JW Marriott’s brand in Kuwait. We look forward to experiencing a new taste of success with Dina Makouyan and the entire event management team under her leadership.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares