Lufthansa halts Tripoli flights on security grounds
Frankfurt, February 5, 2013
Germany's Lufthansa and unit Austrian Airlines have halted flights to Tripoli due to the situation on the ground in Libya, a spokeswoman said on Tuesday.
"We have taken the decision given the developments in Tripoli and the tense situation in the region," the spokeswoman said.
The airline, which flew three times a week to Tripoli, had restarted flights to the Libyan capital in February 2012 after rebels in 2011 ousted former Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi. – Reuters
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Ritz-Carlton Bahrain appoints new sales chief
- Best Western opens in Thailand
- Emirates launches Kabul route
- Ayla appoints new HR director
- Cavotec to showcase new GSE at Kuwait forum
- Flynas to launch Madinah hub
- Kuwait Airways may issue bonds to fund Airbus deal
- Emirates launches longest A380 flight
- Abu Dhabi hotels see guest nights soar 26pc
- Oman Air- Turkish Airlines in codeshare deal