120 marine brands to exhibit at Bahrain show
Manama, February 6, 2013
More than 120 leading international marine brands are expected to exhibit at Bahrain’s biggest boat show next month, with the largest fleet of mega yatchs making its way towards the country for the event.
Organisers of the fourth Bahrain Boat Show International (BBSI), the Knotika Boat Show, said the show will be held outdoors on land and water, covering an area of 50,000 sq m.
The three-day show is being organised in co-operation with Amwaj Islands with support from Tamkeen and will be held at Amwaj Marina from March 28 until 30, our sister newspaper, the Gulf Daily News reported.
"Bahrain Boat Show International is one of Bahrain's largest and most exciting events," said Amwaj Islands chairman Saud Kanoo.
"It has attracted tens of thousands of visitors to Bahrain, many of whom travel from across the region to attend each year."
It is expected to attract around 18,000 visitors, of which 30 per cent is anticipated to be from neighbouring Gulf countries.
The show will also feature an outdoor display of recreational lifestyle products such as sporting gear and clothing. Also included will be live entertainment, games, activities and boat trips.
"It is still a relatively young show but it has grown exponentially each time and has gained increasing international recognition," said BBSI chief executive officer and organiser Wael Juju.
"As the only boat show in the world to more than double its growth in terms of visitors and exhibitors, our show has put Bahrain on the world map for boating and marine leisure activities.”
"We have proudly worked alongside the Economic Development Board, Culture Ministry, Information Affairs Authority, Interior Ministry, Bahrain Customs Authority, Bahrain Navy, Bahrain Coast Guard, Tamkeen and Amwaj Islands." The show will be open from 3pm until 10pm on all three days and tickets will go on sale soon. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Novotel Abu Dhabi Al Bustan opens
- Top firms plan Dubai World Central move
- Ferrari Land theme park to open in Spain
- Hilton to open 125-room hotel in Saudi
- Abu Dhabi runway closed for upgradation work
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely